Can't find what you're looking for?Fill out the form below and we'll do our best to help!
Water & Sewage
The District of Port Hardy provides quality water and sewer services to Port Hardy residents. The District bills local residents for these services quarterly. Payment is due 40 days after the invoice date. Utility amounts not paid by the due date are penalized at 2.5%. Seniors aged 65 and over who pay their utility bill on time may be eligible for a discount.
During the summer months, the District may implement water conservation measures in order to ensure an adequate and safe water supply. Typically, Stage I Watering Restrictions are in effect starting May 1 to September 30 every year.
AUGUST 2, 2017 STAGE 2 WATER CONSERVATION IN EFFECT
Residential Property Watering Times
-Even numbered civic addresses Wednesday and Saturday
-Odd-numbered civic addresses Thursday and Sunday
Between the hours of 7:00am-9:00am OR 8:00pm-10:00pm.
Commercial Property Watering Times
-Even-numbered civic addresses Wednesday and Saturday
-Odd-numbered civic addresses, Thursday and Sunday
Between the hours of 1:00am and 8:00am (maximum 2 hours).
- YOU MAY water trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables on any day with a sprinkler during the prescribed hours for Stage 2 lawn watering and on any day at any time if watering is done by hand held container or a hose equipped with a shut-off nozzle; wash a vehicle with water using a hand-held container or hose equipped with a shut-off nozzle and at car dealerships and commercial car washes.
- PROHIBITED – Washing sidewalks, driveways or parking lots, exterior windows or exterior building surfaces, except as necessary for applying a product such as paint, preservative and stucco, preparing a surface prior to paving or repointing bricks, or if required by law to comply with health or safety regulations.
Please call the District Office if you have any questions 250-949-6665
Water Restriction Links:
- For water shutoff requests, please call 250-949-7779.
- We require your name, address and phone number and also 48 hours notice (not including weekends and statutory holidays) so that we may schedule our staff accordingly.
- There is no charge for the shutoff and it must take place during regular working hours, Monday to Friday (not including statutory holidays). We will attend to turn the water off and the homeowner or the plumber can call 250-949-7779 when they are ready to have the water turned back on.
- If it is an emergency (i.e. a water line break), we will attend immediately.
- Emergency service outside of regular working hours is charged at $75 for each on or off.