Can't find what you're looking for?Fill out the form below and we'll do our best to help!
Better at Home Volunteers Needed!
Want to make a difference in your community? Volunteer! Did you know that seniors are the fastest growing demographic on the North Island? They have built the communities in which we live and our communities’ success depends on all of us supporting one another. The people at “Better at Home” – a new program offered by the North Island Crisis and Counselling Centre – are seeking volunteers who want to make a difference in the lives of seniors. Communities involved in the initial launch include Port Hardy and Port McNeill. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Friendly visiting
- Transportation to appointments
- Light yard work
- Minor home repairs
- Snow shoveling
- Light housekeeping
- Grocery shopping
Port Hardy Recycle Centre, Every Thursday – Sunday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
FREE drop off for:
- Anything with a cord
- Electronics, TVs, computer monitors, etc
- All batteries
- All light bulbs
- Paint & aerosol cans
- Power tools
- Milk jugs and cartons
WE PAY YOU:
- Recyclables (cans & bottles)
- Small refund on car batteries
Call Rod at 250-949-1668 for details.
Connections – Workplace Awareness Activities
Connections is a School District #85 program designed to bring employers and students together for work experience or career information. For more information employers and students can contact:
Looking for something to do this winter? Consider these local activities:
- The German Edelweiss Cultural Club meets on Thursdays at 7 p.m. At the A&W Restaurant at Thunderbird Mall. Call 250-230-1376 for more information.
- Play Lions Bingo at the Civic Centre every Thursday evening; doors open at 5:30 p.m.
- Every Tuesday from 11:00 AM -2:00 it is BAG LUNCH-you provide your lunch and we provide coffee and tea with games. Check out the Centre Events by the calendar posted on the front doorat the Hardy Bay Seniors Centre. The Centre is located at 9150 Granville Street across from the Anglican church.
- Join Overeaters Anonymous. Details are available by calling Julia at 250-949-7069 or Ann at 250-902-8244.
- Fine tune your public speaking skills by joining the Port Hardy Toastmasters Club. Meetings are held every Wednesday evening from 7-8 p.m. at North Island College. Call 250-288-3664 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for details.