Can't find what you're looking for?Fill out the form below and we'll do our best to help!
Part Time Recreation Facility Attendant
The District of Port Hardy is now accepting applications from those with proven skills, qualifications and abilities for the position of Part Time Recreation Facility Attendant. Multiple positions may be hired based on qualifications and workload demand.
The successful candidates will be trained for and required to perform a broad range of duties in maintenance, ice making, pool maintenance and custodial duties in a diverse recreational facility.
Duties will include: Regular monitoring of ice plant, keeping appropriate notes / records or reports and maintaining checklists; Participating in keeping all areas of the facility neat and tidy, as well as safe at all time; Be responsible for the cleanliness of the facility including washrooms, change rooms and common areas; Safe and proper operation of ice conditioner, edger, skater sharpener and power tools as tasks require; Minor maintenance of the facility including changing boards, glass, painting, minor plumbing and electrical; Perform routine servicing and maintain various pool and refrigeration equipment; Monitor, test and adjust pool chemistry and temperature.
Successful applicants must be:
- Flexible in respect to shifts with no guarantee of hours;
- Able to work evenings, weekends, graveyard and dayshifts;
- Possess a positive work ethic and enjoy working with the public.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Refrigeration awareness, Ice facility Operator’s ticket, Refrigeration operators (class 5 refrigeration power engineer’s certificate) or higher.
- Class 5 Driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Physical conditioning suitable for required tasks of the position.
- Mechanical aptitude and a well rounded knowledge of mechanical equipment.
- The ability to work as part of a team or alone, exercising independence of judgement under general guidelines.
- Pool Operators Certificate 1 and 2.
- WHMSS Training
- First aid and CPR ticket
- Janitorial experience
- Coaching certificate
- Electrical & plumbing knowledge
- Skating skills and the ability to instruct skating skills to participants ranging from 4 years to adult.
This is a Union position with wages starting at 22.00 + L.O.B. per hour. The successful candidate must complete a criminal record check and a driver’s abstract.
Closing Date: when filled. A cover letter and resume may be emailed, delivered, or mailed to:
Attn: Tanya Kaul, Director of Recreation & Community Services
District of Port Hardy
7400 Columbia Street
PO Box 68
Port Hardy, B.C.
We thank all applicants in advance for their submissions but only those selected for an interview will receive a response.