Can't find what you're looking for?Fill out the form below and we'll do our best to help!
Parks, Recreation, Arts & Culture Committee
The Committee understands the value of maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle. The Committee also understands the importance of making available as broad a range of recreational activities for ALL members of the community.
The mandate of the Committee is to:
- Advise in the operation, maintenance and improvement of District recreational facilities.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with local recreational and arts and culture organizations.
- Work with local recreational organizations and users to plan and improve recreational activities and facilities within the District of Port Hardy;
- Research matters that are referred to the Committee by Council and provide recommendations to Council on such matters;
- Consult, on a regular basis, the recreational and arts and cultural priorities of individuals, groups, agencies and organizations.
- Advise Council on Arts and Culture initiatives in the community.
The Committee is comprised of 3 members of Council and, in an advisory capacity and as non-voting members appropriate District Staff.