Live The Adventure
Can't find what you're looking for?Fill out the form below and we'll do our best to help!
June 12, 2018 Stage 1 Water Restrictions Now in Effect
June 12, 2018
Stage 1 Water Restrictions are now in effect. Thank you for your cooperation in conserving water during this important phase of the Reservoir Replacement Project.
During Stage 1 the following is in effect.
Stage 1 – Reduced Lawn Watering
1.1 During Stage 1:
(a) A person shall not water lawns (by hand, sprinkler or other means of automation), except:
- at a residential premises with even-numbered civic addresses Monday, Wednesday and Saturday between the hours of 7:00am-9:00am OR 8:00pm-10:00pm.
- at a residential premises with odd-numbered civic addresses Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday between the hours of 7:00am-9:00am OR 8:00pm-10:00pm.
- at a non-residential premises with even-numbered civic addresses Monday, Wednesday and Saturday between the hours of 1:00am and 8:00am (maximum 2 hours).
- at a non-residential premises with odd-numbered civic addresses Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday between the hours 1:00am-8:00am (maximum 2 hours).
A person may:
- water trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables on any day with a sprinkler during the prescribed hours for Stage 1 lawn watering and on any date at any time if watering is done by hand-held container or a hose equipped with a shut-off nozzle;
- water newly planted trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables by any method during installation and within the following 24 hours;
- use Micro-irrigation or Drip-irrigation systems to water trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables at any time on any day to a maximum of 3 hours;
- under the authority of a Permit, water new sod on installation and during the first 21 days after installation, and water newly seeded lawns until growth is established or for 49 days after installation, whichever is less, but only during the prescribed Stage 1 lawn watering hours;
- fill hot tubs, swimming pools, wading pools and fountains;
- wash sidewalks, driveways or parking lots, exterior windows or exterior building surfaces;
- water all-weather playing fields at any time if failure to do so will result in a permanent loss of plant material; and
- wash a vehicle with water using a hand-held container or hose equipped with a shut-off nozzle and at car dealerships or commercial car washes.
1.2 As exceptions to the Stage 1 restrictions,
- Owners of property who, by reason of physical or mental incapacity, are unable to water their property within the restricted days and times, may water their property any three days of the week for a maximum of 6 hours per week;
- Nurseries, farms, turf farms and tree farms are exempted from the restrictions; and
- Public Authorities may water lawns and boulevards on any day but no more than three days per week.