Can't find what you're looking for?Fill out the form below and we'll do our best to help!
Tender and Bid Opportunities / Employment
TENDERS & BIDS & RFP & RFQ
RFQ 1220-20-526-2019 – Seagate Ramp North
1 (one) Wharf Ramp
The Port Hardy Harbour Authority is requesting submissions for the supply and delivery to the District of Port Hardy Seagate Pier at 8500 Granville Street for: 1 (one) Wharf Ramp.
This is a request for Quotations only. By requesting quotations, the District of Port Hardy does not intend to enter into, and shall not be considered to have entered into, contractual relations upon the submission of a quotation by any person and no “Contract A” shall be formed between the District of Port Hardy and any supplier upon the submission of a quotation. Without limiting the foregoing, the District shall not be obligated in any manner whatsoever to any supplier until a written agreement for the performance of the work herein contemplated has been duly executed.
Minimum Specifications (per Herold Engineering Limited – Consulting Engineers) are as follows:
Wharf Gangway – Aluminum ramp and apron
- All material to be 6061-T6
- Fabrication to be CAN3-S157-MB3
- All welding to be done to requirements of CSA S 244
- Welding Operators and procedures shall be to CSA W47.2
- All galvanized components shall conform to CSA G164-M
- All sharp edges to be ground smooth
- Design live load: 4.8 WPa (100 per)
- Total overall length may be modified to accommodate site specifications. This to be confirmed upon a site inspection.
- Handrail at the top of the ramp may be modified to accommodate site specifications.
- Handrail down centre of the ramp is not required.
- Apron at the bottom of the ramp must be modified to eliminate slip hazard.
- Existing water lines to be installed on east side on ramp.
Quotations will be evaluations based on price and other factors, as determined by the District of Port Hardy’s purchasing policy.
Quotations must be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or in a sealed envelope, clearly marked with supplier’s name and above project name and description and be received by 3:00 pm (local time) January 31, 2019- Addendum Extension- 3:00pm February 19, 2019..District of Port Hardy, Municipal Hall PO Box 68 email@example.comDistrict of Port Hardy
Location: Northern Vancouver Island
Port Hardy BC, V0N 2P0
7360 Columbia Street
RFQ 1220-20-527-2019 Boom Mower Attachment
1 (one) Boom Mower Arm Attachment – District of Port Hardy
The District of Port Hardy is requesting submissions for the supply and delivery to the District of Port Hardy Public Works Yard at 8900 Park Drive, for: 1 (one) Skid Steer Boom Mower Arm Attachment.
This is a Request for Quotations only. By requesting quotations, the District of Port Hardy does not intend to enter into, and shall not be considered to have entered into, contractual relations upon the submission of a quotation by any person and no “Contract A” shall be formed between the District of Port Hardy any supplier upon the submission of a quotation. Without limiting the foregoing, the District shall not be obligated in any manner whatsoever to any supplier until a written agreement for the performance of the work herein contemplated has been duly executed.
Minimum Specifications are as follows:
- Skid Steer Mounted Boom Mower Arm – HIGH FLOW – Requires mower head. Larger Pivot Arm, integrated control block
- 48-inchheavy duty Rotary Brush mower head
- Controls Compatible with Kubota SSV 75 High Flow 14pin electrical connector
- Linear pivot point with full angular cutting
- Heavy tubular construction with replaceable bushings pivot points
- Proven control system not locked to any one brand of Machine. (just Power)
- Modular breakaway system to protect machine and boom from unexpected impact
- Side Reach from center line, (151” inches)
- Head rotation (210 degrees)
- Cutting height (100” inches)
- Cut depth @ 60-degree slope (56” inches)
- Arm Weight (1222 lbs.)
- flow rate 25 Gpm to 45 Gpm
- 48” inch, high flow heavy duty Rotary brush cutter /mower
- Hydraulic motor 40 to 45 GPM @ 3000 psi
- Cutting Shaft rotation speed (1300 -1500 RPM)
- Replaceable skid shoes
- Cutting Capacity up to 6” inches
- Direct Drive Spindale 4140 heat treated
- Deck Thickness Structural 1/4 w1/2” Gussett reinforcement
Quotations will be evaluated based on, price and other factors, as determined by the District of Port Hardy’s vehicle purchasing policy.
Quotations will be accepted up to 2:00 p.m. (local time) Friday February 15, 2019
Quotations, Must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or by sealed envelope , clearly marked with the supplier’s name and the project name will be received by:
Director of Operational Services
District of Port Hardy
Any question please contact
Bruce Forsyth, CPWS
Public Works Supervisor
District of Port Hardy 250-949-7779
Location: Northern Vancouver Island
Be a part of something great and live the Adventure with us!
Aquatic Lifeguards and Instructors
The District of Port Hardy is currently recruiting for Aquatic Lifeguards and Instructors to join our team of professionals in the Recreation Department; Port Hardy Swimming Pool.
Reporting to the Aquatic Coordinator, you will be responsible for leading aquatic programs for all age ranges, ensuring the safety of patrons participating in public swim programs and dry land sessions, and perform custodial duties relative to the aquatic facility.
Successful candidates will have grade 10 and sound knowledge of the theory and practice of lifesaving, artificial respiration and first aid; teaching methods, including group leadership techniques emphasizing instruction in water safety and aquatic skills.
To be considered for positions, candidates should have the following valid and current certifications/licenses. Please include with your application.
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification
- National Lifeguard Pool Certificate
- Standard First Aid
- CPR Level ‘C’
- AED Certification
Should you not meet the above requirements we are willing to provide education and training to interested applicants.
The CUPE rate of pay for this unionized position is $17.20 – $21.34 per hour (2019), plus 8.6% in lieu of benefits.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career, please email Melinda Dennison email@example.com to apply.
The closing date is until positions are filled.