Live The Adventure
Can't find what you're looking for?Fill out the form below and we'll do our best to help!
Water Conservation Level 3 Effective March 29, 2018
March 20, 2018
The District of Port Hardy will be replacing one of the two potable water reservoirs at the Water
Treatment Plant “WTP”.
Decommissioning, removal of the existing reservoir and construction of the new reservoir will start on Thursday March 29, 2018 construction project will continue for at least 10 to 12 weeks.
During this time, the District’s storage capacity of potable water will be substantially reduced (50% of the normal storage).
To ensure adequate water is available, we request that all customers make every effort to reduce your consumption and conserve water. During the construction period the District will be implementing stage 3 water restrictions.
We appreciate your cooperation and apologize for any inconvenience.
For more information or questions please contact the Operations Department (250) 949-7779
During Stage 3
• Water a lawn or Boulevard;
• Fill a swimming pool, hot tub or garden pond;
• Fill or operate a decorative fountain at any time;
• Wash a Vehicle or Boat with Water; or
• Use water to wash sidewalks, driveways or parking lots, exterior windows or exterior building surfaces, except as necessary for applying a product such as paint, preservative and stucco, preparing a surface prior to paving or repointing bricks, or if required by law to comply with health or safety regulations
• Water trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables on any day between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. if watering is done by hand–held container or equipped with a shut–off nozzle;
• Micro–irrigation is allowed during stage 3 up to a maximum of 3 hours per day;